Another year has passed in the Barclay Jones camp. When you’re a business owner your business anniversary creates all sorts of emotions…
Every year I look back reminisce. It’s been another mad year in recruitment.
- GDPR / Trump / Brexit / Google Hire / Nutella having less hazelnuts… supposedly we’re doomed!
- Disruption is starting to feel a bit yesterday
- Everyone is talking about AI being future whilst shouting at their recruiters to “get on the phone” – irony!
- Training has become sexy again. Thank goodness as I was beginning to think the world had gone mad!
Has your year raced like mine? So much has happened within Barclay jones, and in the recruitment industry…
9 Years of Barclay Jones
So – 9 years… 9 things
- My 9-year-old son is… 9! I still remember being sat in Printing.com Nov 2008 with him as a 6-month old gurgling at the designer and me saying “design whatever you want… but no pink!”
- We published our Recruitment Awards ROI Toolkit and then decided to put ourselves through the “stress” of entering an award. It started out as an experiment, and turned into a passionate and WINNING journey. (Normality will never be restored!)
- I ran my first fell run and have decided that it is my new favourite hobby… It’s pretty much like working with recruiters – muddy, fraught with danger and excitement, getting to the summit creates elation… and you need to watch out for the wildlife!
- Barclay Jones celebrates its anniversary on armistice day – auspicious!
- We are working on a KPIs ebook – more to follow
- We discovered that training recruiters is only 10% of what’s needed… more to follow!
- We created the mantra “CRMFirst” – it’s sweeping the (recruitment) nation
- GDPR – we created a number of analogies – my favourite – “grinding down perfect recruiters”. And don’t be fooled – we think GDPR is AWESOME!
- Oh… and we took the bull by the horns (or the web by the code) and launched a new website…
It’s been a great year for Barclay Jones. More happy clients – more goals and strategies and less crazy box-ticking tactics.