As part of the support we give for business improvement, yes, this is normally where we start with our clients. If you want an impartial and strategic look at how to get the best out of your technology, we will look at at your processes too.
During your review we will "lift rocks": look at your business strategy, your systems, your processes, your suppliers and how you use your systems.
We will not simply look at the pure technology in your business, we will look at the application of it and how it supports you. For example we can look at one or all of the elements below:
- Is your software giving you a competitive edge?
- Is data readily available to help you make decisions about your business?
- Does your IT function meet the needs of your users?
- Are your systems secure?
- What happens when you have downtime? What plans do you have for staff absence?
- How quickly can your existing IT support function react to a problem?
- How can social media and social recruitment help your business grow?
- Does your website attract, or distract?
We will look at all elements of your business process and IT function and as your Virtual IT Director we will ensure that they are fit for purpose and support your business. It is critical that your processes are competitive and your systems support your staff to deliver.