I’m delighted to be speaking with the extremely knowledgeable and respected Fiona Lander from Lander Consultancy. She’s celebrating her 20th business anniversary in 2017 (congrats!).
As providers of world class, international recruitment training and development, Lander Consultancy works with recruitment teams to make them competitive. Fiona and her team works with forward thinking, growing recruitment companies, providing a holistic approach to upskilling the entire workforce from Trainee Recruiter to Managing Director.
Who is this Recruitment Leaders Podcast for?
You’ll get value from this podcast if you run a recruitment business, manage a recruitment team, are part of a recruitment training team.
What did we discuss?
- When is training important?
- How do you prioritise training?
- How do you train “high-churn” staff – ie: how do you get ROI from training people who won’t be with you for long?
- Are you training your staff to leave your recruitment business or training them to stay and be profitable?
- Where do the middle managers fit into the training cycle?
- What is the 10-20-70 rule and why is it critical that recruitment leaders understand this rule?
- What do we do with big billers who are making money but not performing to your culture?
- What does Fiona her team think that you need to stop doing in 2017?
- When should performance management kick in?
- Which core skills do recruiters need to develop in 2017?
I could have spoken all day with Fiona – she is so experienced in recruitment training and we share the same values, passion and ideas for recruiter success – thanks Fiona!
Listen to Our Recruitment Leaders Podcast Series
Listen and subscribe to the rest of our Recruitment Leader Podcast Series on Soundcloud or find us on iTunes!
So far we have interviewed the following recruiting / marketing / tech leaders:
Brandon Metcalf, Talent Rover: Listen to Talent Communities and Recruiter Contol
Tracey Barrett, BlueSky PR: Listen to Recruitment Marketing and PR in 2015
James Nathan, The James Nathan Experience: Turning Candidates into Clients
Stephen Barnhurst, Broadbean: Listen to Jobs and Marketing for Recruiters
Stephen O’Donnell, PC Evaluate: Listen to Psychometrics and Recruitment Process
Alan Hiddleston, Firefish: Recruitment CRM: Listen to Recruitment Marketing
Nick Ellis, Hirabl: Listen to Back door placements and how to catch them
Alex Moyle, Elevated Recruiting: Listen to How to Build High Value Recruitment Business
Wendy McDougall, Firefish Software: Listen to Getting Real ROI From Your Recruitment Technology
Simon Lewis, Only Marketing Jobs: Listen to Smart Recruiters Know Great Marketing is Critical
Olly Wright, BMS: Listen to Short Sharp Marketing Tactics and the Guide to Recruiter Happiness
Graeme Read, 3RInside and APSCo: Listen to Improving the Value of your Recruitment Business
Greg Savage, The Savage Truth: Listen to Improving the Value of your Recruitment Business
Matt Wright, Stitched: Listen to Are Recruiters Drowning in Information and Data?
Matt Comber, Volcanic: Listen to Do Recruiters Need to Worry About Security in 2017?
Nikki Alexander and Andy Wyschna, JXT Global: Listen to Recruitment Websites, Digital Marketing and ROI
Thanks to Only Marketing Jobs for posting!