61% of Recruitment Leaders are stressed about hiring their own recruiters. Read this blog to get some tips for your internal recruitment strategy – the hacks I share with the recruiters I work with to help them attract more staff into their own business.
Talking About Internal Recruitment for APSCo
I’m was delighted to be invited by APSCo to talk at their first Yorkshire Business Forum.
Paul Lloyd from Brookson talked about Supply Chain Compliance – What Recruiters need to know and provided valuable insight into ensuring compliance in the supply chain. He talked about the latest update on legislation and T&S, and the IR35 consultation including the impact so far on recruiters
The recruitment evangelist Ann Swain, CEO of APSCo talked about Recruitment market trends and current challenges
- There are more recruitment start-ups than ever before – a predicted 7000 will start-up this year.
- Net fees are rising (phew!)
- 26% of APSCo members will open a new office this year (a slight decline on last year) – and the USA is where it’s at!
- 61% of APSCo members say the biggest issue they face is growing and retaining their own teams, which leads to the growth of their recruitment businesses
APSCo asked me to hit head on the biggest challenge their members face. Whatever your goals, be they candidate attraction, lead generation, becoming more profitable or increasing placements, improving your recruiter head count is critical.
A team of effective recruiters will source talent quickly, generate convertible leads and place more candidates.
Recruiting them when you’re so busy with your own clients is like cobbler’s shoes / busman’s holiday. But no excuses! We all know it’s critical. (And we can help with this problem – click here to find out more!)
Some Stats to Focus You, Recruiters!
- 77% of applicants will check your website – fit for internal attraction?
- 72% of applicants will want to know about your values and culture – demonstrated online?
(Thanks LinkedIn for the stats)
And bearing in mind 100% of the room of recruitment leaders admitted that they fell into recruiting, being a recruiter able to attract your own team can feel like a lost cause…
Hiring Tips for your Internal Recruitment
I shared some of my tips, everyone was scribbling and grabbed lots of takeaways. See the slidedeck below. “Inspired” was the feedback and some mailed me a couple of hours after to show me what they’d done online – great ROI for them and me!