I will be blogging about Google Reader very soon (watch this space), but in the mean time, please see my reasons why I think RSS feeds are so critical to your business process.
I am a massive fan of RSS (Really Simple Syndication – which in English means subscribing to online content), and the reason for this is because I really don’t have time, and neither do my recruitment clients, to spend all day surfing (a recruitment director’s nightmare!))
So I know what I want to see, I subscribe to it and I wait for it to come through. I then don’t loose sleep worrying about what I am missing, and I don’t spend all day on the web… I am a big believer in social media maximising client facing time.
Here we go:
- It’s FREE!
- Subscribing saves you hours of time surfing.
- Leads - follow the online content about your clients to see what they are talking about.
- Industry sector news (this includes your own sector AND the one you sell into).
- Knowledge bases – we need to constantly develop and there are loads of people blogging / tweeting about social media, recruitment and sales techniques etc…
- Competitor content – keep an eye on it!
- LinkedIn Answers: Go to More, Answers in LinkedIn, select your sector and subscribe. If you’ve attended my LinkedIn courses, you’ll know that this element can be really helpful for lead gen.
- Add your Google Alerts (another blog on the radar) to your Reader – again keeps you mailbox from becoming a mare.
- Follow Twitter streams, without using Twitter – especially in Google Reader, you can follow individual streams.
- Follow Job Feeds – you never know what leads may be generated from them!
Hope the above is useful… can you add any to this?