Today is Friday the 13th, the unluckiest day of all!
Whilst we firmly believe you create your own luck, we decided to have a think about what superstitions recruiters should take heed of... you know, just in case!
- Ask your candidates at interview if they have a black cat - if they do, reject them
- Don't pass another recruiter on the stairs
- Bad luck comes in 3s - don't send 3 candidates for interview on the same day (on Fri 13th)
- Look out for candidates who were born 06/06/1966 - and avoid like the plague!
- Avoid convincing a candidate to take an offer they're not really up for!
- Don't send out 666 mailshots
- Don't try and pull your boss!
- Don't do the 13th thing on your things to do list!?
- Avoid "meetings" at 1300 ... especially those unexpected ones with your boss who says... "have you got a minute... can you join us in the board room!"
- Ensure you're not the 13th person on the Tea round!
- If you step on a crack in the pavement you will forget to ask those crucial words: “Is it convenient to speak?” Instead you launch straight into a conversation regards an interview, whilst the candidate has you on loud speaker in the car with their boss. Avoid doing this at all costs!
- Dropping a dishcloth is bad luck. Maybe this is why most recruitment office kitchens look like a bombsite.
Thank goodness recruiters have us to guide them through this scary time!
Do you have any superstitions about recruitment? Let us know in the comments below.