Whether you want to have your own Pinterest Boards or want to help others pin your stuff, here are some tips to successful Pinterest Marketing.
- Add the lovely Pinterest Facebook page app to your Facebook business pages.
- When you pin content, you also get the chance to Tweet that you have, thus alerting your Twitter followers – nice!
- Help me to help you: Make sure that you have an image that best describes your blog / web page. Sometimes I find content that I want to pin, and when I do the image is naff (technical term) or worse still there isn’t one… and as a result I fear that people just won’t click onto the pin on my board and therefore I can’t direct traffic to your site.
- Don’t restrict yourself to pinning web pages – find images and video content too!
- When you pin, if you also add the URL of the web page you are pinning, it classes as a “Follow” – this is massively important for SEO (most sites when you add your URL are classed a “No Follow”)
- Check out what your competitors are doing… you can see who is following them and pinning their content.
- Follow your clients’ boards – your relationships with them depend upon you knowing what they do and how they think.
- Market your Pinterest board to your usual marketing marketing materials (email signatures, newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, website etc…)
- Help me to pin your stuff by adding a Pinterest button to your blogs (jobs, content on your site).
- Have some fun with it – god forbid I see that you have a personality
I am going to be blogging about Pinterest for Recruiters soon, so please keep in touch if this is of interest to you.