Recruiters! “Get on the phone!” That’s what was said in the early 2000s, and continues to be said in every recruitment office across the globe.
But with so many systems (Bullhorn, Adapt, LinkedIn, Job Boards – and a plethora of other systems designed to help you source, scrape, spy), where on earth should a recruiter start? How are you supposed to get on the phone when you are surrounded by tech? Here are some tips recruiters love from my Inbound Sales Training Workshop.
How to Get a Recruiter on the Phone – HIIT Them!
Recruitment Leaders want their teams on the phone more. Recruiters often want to be on the phone, but need a purpose for the call, and they’re being distracted by systems and software. They need some inbound sales to kick start the sales process.
I’ve been talking about HIIT (high intensity interval training) for a while. I am a Joe Wicks devotee, a gym fanatic with a PT who has made me sweat in places I didn’t know I had places. I’m addicted to logging my workouts – my Garmin is one of my most useful bits of tech. As a multi-tasker HIIT is a gift.
We use HIIT in our recruitment training to help recruiters get value from their time – we’ve found that this new approach to recruitment training is a massive improvement. You just don’t want to be away from your desk for 4-6 hours. The forgetting curve is a recruiter’s enemy. You need a high intensity, passionate training session to get the blood pumping and the sales coming – and to make your training stick!
I have created a 9-minute HIIT for Recruiters to help you get on the phone. It’s nine, 1-minute hacks to drive more purposeful calls. Get in for 08:30, get a strong coffee, warm up, set your watch, and get started!
3-2-1 Recruiters! Go!
1. Check your LinkedIn SSI (social selling index) – it’s free, and has tips to help you improve your approach. This takes less than a minute. Quickly check – don’t get distracted. Make a note of where you need to improve, then, move to exercise 2.
2. Now you need to spend 1 minute attracting attention from the people you want to sell to (and get the CV of). You claim you are a niche recruiter – now’s the time to prove it. Spend 1 minute sharing some content that they are likely to look at, that once they have looked are likely to look at your profile. (And you’ll see them do it and can add to your call list.)
3. Repost your top jobs in 1 minute. No-one is staring at your profile all day, so you’re unlikely to wind anyone up by sharing jobs every day. Get cracking – you need job applications and you won’t get them by posting them once and walking away for 30 days!
4. Whilst you’re posting content and jobs think about my hack for getting the damn things read and actioned! Spending 1 minute whispering will get you nowhere. Be smart and get noticed – try my LinkedIn posting hacks:
“The doctors in my medical community with love this post about the best apps for medical professionals – I especially love # 5”.
Trust me, recruiters! This will attract doctors, market your brand and get them wanting to know what # 5 is. Click bait!
“This a great job for IT Managers who want to work in a business with the best hardware and a bought-in board of Directors who really get what IT can do for a business”.
Recruiters – mention the pain points of your community and they’ll read your job adverts. (More job advert hacks here)
5. There’s plenty of things a recruiter can do one-handed ;-)! And sourcing is one of them. You do not need lengthy boolean strings to pickle your brain and test your patience. There are at least 13 places in LinkedIn where you can source with one hand (and two eyes). Try areas like your home page, the pages of your ideal candidates – look for “people like” etc… and who has liked the content of your competitors / clients. These are warm gifts, not cold calls! damn! Get on the phone and source one-handed at the same time… it’s possible!
6. Right – I know you think know how to connect, but I have a hack for you to get you super-effective. When you send your ideal connection an invite, add some content which gets your contact hooked. If it’s from your website, rock n’ roll! Ask your marketer to set up something like Leadfeeder – this tells you who has been to your website. You should have a target list of people you want to convert. Send them your content, see if they bite. Add them to your call list if they do. Rinse and repeat if they don’t!
Try this TURBO in your HIIT, recruiters! I have worked with a few recruiters using Calendly… a really cute (free) bit of kit that shows your prospects areas of your diary that you want them to book for a call. Send them a link with some call date options. Let them know (think) that that they are in charge. Without lifting a finger, fill your diary with your target’s interview appointments! This is one of my favourite Recruiter Hacks.
“Hi Uzma, I’m sending you this link as I have a role that I know you’ll be great at and it has such a great benefits package and training and development opportunities. Feel free to book a call with me at a time to suit you.”
7. Spend 1 minute getting under the skin of your prospects. Use Crystal Knows to study the profiles of your prospects, and use the tips it gives you for how to convert them. It’s a scarily accurate profiler!
8. We all know that video is the biggest thing to hit the web, and its going to the biggest thing to help you convert. Try Loom to record a 30 second “hi” video that you can send to your prospects.
Get an ideal client’s job advert on your screen and talk to them about the candidates you have for them.
“Hi Luke, I see that you’re looking for a Project Manager. I work in your field and understand how crucial this role must be fore you. I have currently got 5 candidates that I know would be a great asset to your business.”
Get your prospect candidate on your screen and record
“Hi, Emily. I can see that you are a ###, and that you get a kick out of ###. I’d love to talk to you about ###…”
Sending someone a video about themselves, with your face in the bottom left, and you’re talking to them – they’ll be hooked!
9. Spend 1 minute checking your LinkedIn notifications (bell, top right!) Look for birthdays, promotions, who’s viewed your profile, who’s liked your content. All of the stuff you’ve done above will be reaping rewards. Grab these leads. Add this to your call list.
Recruiters! It’s not even 09:00 and you’re ready to rock!
Get on the Phone and Sell, Recruiters
We deliver these recruiter hacks as part of our Inbound Sales Training Workshops. Contact me if you want to not only get your recruiters on the phone, but also generating some genuine and convertible leads.
Our recruitment community loves our Adapt, Bullhorn, Inbound Sales, LinkedIn, Job Adverts and recruitment training hacks. Click the links to get more, and sign up to our Recruiter Hacks Newsletter to receive them as they are published.
How to Stop 2/3 of Your Recruiters from Quitting
Recruitment leaders and recruitment trainers! You want and need your recruiters to be more successful. You need them to bill more. You need them to use your data and your systems and deliver “your way”.Plus, we bet you’d love to save £100,000 a year by training your staff effectively!We joined forces with APSCo to show you how in our latest webinar...Is Your Recruitment Training Working?The stats around recruiter attrition (25%+), reasons for people quitting their jobs (2/3 due to lack of training) and how much it costs to replace a recruiter (£10k per person) are not great reading – and ironically have the answer within themselves.We ran this webinar for recruiters looking to improve their staff retention and staff development strategy.You want to:Train staff to prevent them from quitting.Get them to use the systems you’re blowing your profit on.Understand why recruiters stay in a business, and why they leaveRecognise how your recruiters learnDiscover what recruitment businesses can do to ensure that the training they’ve paid for sticks.Find out the benefits of online learning.I discussed why simply buying recruitment training courses will not make the difference you need to ensure your staff are happy and effective. And I covered how you can be in control of what your recruiters learn and how they can deliver “your way”.And if, as a recruitment leader, you are looking to hire more recruiters, as well as retain those you already have, this webinar touched on some great ideas to help you with your own recruitment strategy.Watch the Webinar!HIIT Us, Recruiters!Our high intensity interval training (recruitment HIIT) helps recruiters source, convert quicker and develop healthy pipelines. recruitment HIIT is an exciting recruitment training platform for recruiters to speedily learn skills to be more successful with Adapt, Bullhorn, LinkedIn, Job Adverts, Inbound Sales, Digital and Email Marketing. Try recruitment HIIT or for free, or arrange a call with me - press one of the magic buttons below.TRY RECRUITMENT HIITREAD ABOUT OUR RECRUITMENT TRAININGBOOK A CALL TO DISCUSS RECRUITMENT TRAINING
Adapt Training Tips for Busy Recruiters
Recruiters! Your day is so full, you often can’t see the wood for the trees (or the candidates for the applications). You have Adapt and you need it to give you time and make you money! Recruitment Leaders! You need your recruiters to convert more candidates and clients, and have a healthy pipeline. Adapt needs to deliver ROI.Recruitment Trainers! You are tasked with being Adapt Training experts and need to be sure you have all of the hacks and tips to improve a recruiter’s day.We have a monthly newsletter full of Adapt Tips to help all 3 of you generate real ROI from Adapt.(Bullhorn may have bought Adapt, but you still need to get value from your Adapt CRM.)Recruiter Interrupted!In recruitment, time is money… but you really lack proper time to really manage your candidates and clients.On average:You check your emails 36 times an hour!You are interrupted 56 times a dayYou attend 62 meetings a monthLet alone random candidates applying for jobs they can’t do, and clients drilling down your fees and working with all of your competitors!You need to get physical and HIIT something! (We use HIIT – high intensity interval training to help Recruiters with what we call “AdaptFirst”.)Every month, we publish the HIIT the recruiters we train love the most, and you can receive them via email.Never miss an Adapt Hack again – sign up to receive your Adapt Training newsletter today.SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTERAnd if, recruiters, you want to blitz your business development even further, why not check out the latest in our Adapt Smackdown series?Read more about how train recruiters source and convert quicker and develop healthy pipelines with our Recruitment Training.HIIT Me, Recruiters!And we’re about to launch Recruitment HIIT – an exciting recruitment training platform for recruiters to speedily learn skills to be more successful with Adapt, Bullhorn, LinkedIn, Job Adverts, Inbound Sales, Digital and Email Marketing. Arrange a call with me here.READ ABOUT OUR ADAPT TRAININGBOOK A CALL TO DISCUSS ADAPT TRAINING
What Recruitment Leaders Need to STOP Doing!