We make recruiters more successful
We are leaders in recruitment success training, recruitment technology strategy, and digital marketing strategy for the recruitment industry.
At Barclay Jones, we love data – so, we don’t share data, sell it, or abuse it.
We’d love you to subscribe to our recruiter newsletter, safe in the knowledge that the only mails we will ever send you will be about your sector (the sector we love) and how you can be more successful in it!
Barclay Jones Consulting of 114 Harrogate Road, Leeds, LS7 4NY (“we” “us” “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process Your Data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Your Data and how we will treat it.
2. YOUR DATA
3. VISITORS TO BARCLAYJONES.COM
We may collect and process Your Data in the following circumstances:
- when you complete any forms on our website (“Site”). This includes information when subscribing to our newsletters, requesting access to our intellectual property or requesting further services;
- whenever you provide Your Data to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access (see section 3.2.2 on Cookies below);
- whenever you disclose Your Data to us, or we collect Your Data from you in any other way, through our Site.
- We may also collect data in the following ways:
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, such websites will apply different terms to the collection and privacy of Your Data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
- We may use Your Data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- improve our Site and services;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
- contact you for marketing purposes where you have signed up for these (see section 8 for further details).
- We will collect Your Data when you request information or order services from us.
- We will use Your Data to process your request for services and comply with our contractual obligations.
- We will also use Your Data to notify you of any changes to our services and process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you.
- We may also advertise your feedback on our website and marketing materials (subject to obtaining your prior consent where necessary).
- We will retain Your Data as long as we require them to provide you with the services ordered from us or hold an account with us subject to a maximum of five years from the date of our last contact with you. Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep Your Data for five years from the date when you subscribed to receiving marketing information from us or until you unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence from us (whichever is the earlier).
- We will collect Your Data in order to contact you about goods or services ordered with you, to place further orders and to pay you for the goods and/or services supplied. We will keep Your Data for as long as we require your goods and services subject to a maximum of six years from the date of our last contact with you.
6. IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE YOUR DATA
- Where we need to collect Your Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- In addition to the uses described in sections 3-6 above, we may send marketing correspondence where there is legitimate interest relating to our services. Consent may be requested when you subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters, respond to surveys, provide us with your details at events, access our online content or intellectual property, request information regarding our services.
- We may use Your Data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our services, business updates, industry information and events which we think may be of interest and allows us to conduct our business and grow.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information detailed in section 7.1 at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- click the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received; or
- email us at email@example.com or
- call us 0333 9000 987, providing us with your name and contact details
8. AUTOMATED PROCESSING
- We do not undertake automated decision making with Your Data.
9. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We will only use Your Data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use Your Data in any of the following circumstances:
- for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
- where we have your consent;
- where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to;
- for our legitimate interests (as disclosed in this policy) where interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests.
10. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
In addition to the third parties mentioned above for specific data subjects, we may disclose Your Data to third parties for our legitimate interests as follows:
- to staff members in order to facilitate the provision of services to you;
- IT software providers that host our website, email stores and store data on our behalf;
- professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances, and
- we may disclose Your Data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share Your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- we will not sell or distribute Your Data to other organisations without your approval.
11. DATA SECURITY
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Information you provide to us is shared on secure servers that are managed by our 3rd party suppliers. They have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure Your Data against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
12. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Some of our clients or suppliers may process data outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Where this is the case, we will either ensure that adequate levels of protection approved by the European Commission are in place for the security of the transfer of Your Data outside the EEA or we will obtain your express consent prior to the transfer of such data.
13. RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, OBJECTION, DELETION AND RESTRICTING USE OF YOUR DATA
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if Your Data changes.
- Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of Your Data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of Your Data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all Your Data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
- You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- update or amend Your Data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- remove Your Data from our database entirely;
- send you copies of Your Data in a commonly used format and Your Data transferred to another entity; or
- restrict the use of Your Data.
- We will request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal information that we hold about you. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
- Please send any requests relating to email@example.com specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
14. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
- Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of Your Data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may update this policy at any time and any changes will be posted on our Site. Please check periodically for any updates. If we would like to use Your Data for purposes other than those we notified you about at the time of collection, we will notify you and, where required, seek your consent before using Your Data for a new or unrelated purpose. We may process Your Data without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable law or regulations.
16. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or how we use Your Data please contact us at email@example.com.
This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise.
At Barclay Jones, we love data – so, we don’t share data, sell it, or abuse it.
We’d love you to subscribe to our recruiter newsletter, safe in the knowledge that the only mails we will ever send you will be about your sector (the sector we love) and how to be more successful in it!
Cookies And Similar Technology Policy
By continuing to use this website you agree that we can place cookies and other similar technology on your device, including mobile device, per your agreement with our cookie consent manager. By continuing to use your mobile device to access this website, you agree that the following information may be collected: your unique device identifier, mobile device IP address, information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier and your location information (to the extent permissible under applicable law).
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information to distinguish you from other visitors and to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site or to help us improve our site.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. For more information see here.
Yes, we may use information collected from cookies to identify user behaviour and to serve content based on your profile.
In other cases, we can associate cookie information with an identifiable individual. For example:
- If we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies we will know whether you open, read, or delete the message.
- When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from Barclay Jones, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites.
How do I stop using cookies?
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent through your settings on your browser. For more information see here.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our site or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
What Cookies do we use?
Tawk_59b162664854b82732feeb8b - Performance - Online Chat - Third party cookie that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service.
TawkConnectionTime - Performance - Online Chat - Third party cookie that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service.
cookieconsent_status - Functionality - Cookie Pop Up - This allows us to remember if you have visited the site before so we can make you aware of our cookie usage.
modal_shown - Functionality - Newsletter Sign Up - This allows us to remember if you have visited the site before so we can offer you the option to sign up to our newsletter.
_ga - Performance - Google Analytics - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
_gid - Performance - Google Analytics - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage