Recruiters! “Get on the phone!” That’s what was said in the early 2000s, and continues to be said in every recruitment office across the globe.
But with so many systems (Bullhorn, Adapt, LinkedIn, Job Boards – and a plethora of other systems designed to help you source, scrape, spy), where on earth should a recruiter start? How are you supposed to get on the phone when you are surrounded by tech? Here are some tips recruiters love from my Inbound Sales Training Workshop.
How to Get a Recruiter on the Phone – HIIT Them!
Recruitment Leaders want their teams on the phone more. Recruiters often want to be on the phone, but need a purpose for the call, and they’re being distracted by systems and software. They need some inbound sales to kick start the sales process.
I’ve been talking about HIIT (high intensity interval training) for a while. I am a Joe Wicks devotee, a gym fanatic with a PT who has made me sweat in places I didn’t know I had places. I’m addicted to logging my workouts – my Garmin is one of my most useful bits of tech. As a multi-tasker HIIT is a gift.
We use HIIT in our recruitment training to help recruiters get value from their time – we’ve found that this new approach to recruitment training is a massive improvement. You just don’t want to be away from your desk for 4-6 hours. The forgetting curve is a recruiter’s enemy. You need a high intensity, passionate training session to get the blood pumping and the sales coming – and to make your training stick!
I have created a 9-minute HIIT for Recruiters to help you get on the phone. It’s nine, 1-minute hacks to drive more purposeful calls. Get in for 08:30, get a strong coffee, warm up, set your watch, and get started!
3-2-1 Recruiters! Go!
1. Check your LinkedIn SSI (social selling index) – it’s free, and has tips to help you improve your approach. This takes less than a minute. Quickly check – don’t get distracted. Make a note of where you need to improve, then, move to exercise 2.
2. Now you need to spend 1 minute attracting attention from the people you want to sell to (and get the CV of). You claim you are a niche recruiter – now’s the time to prove it. Spend 1 minute sharing some content that they are likely to look at, that once they have looked are likely to look at your profile. (And you’ll see them do it and can add to your call list.)
3. Repost your top jobs in 1 minute. No-one is staring at your profile all day, so you’re unlikely to wind anyone up by sharing jobs every day. Get cracking – you need job applications and you won’t get them by posting them once and walking away for 30 days!
4. Whilst you’re posting content and jobs think about my hack for getting the damn things read and actioned! Spending 1 minute whispering will get you nowhere. Be smart and get noticed – try my LinkedIn posting hacks:
“The doctors in my medical community with love this post about the best apps for medical professionals – I especially love # 5”.
Trust me, recruiters! This will attract doctors, market your brand and get them wanting to know what # 5 is. Click bait!
“This a great job for IT Managers who want to work in a business with the best hardware and a bought-in board of Directors who really get what IT can do for a business”.
Recruiters – mention the pain points of your community and they’ll read your job adverts. (More job advert hacks here)
5. There’s plenty of things a recruiter can do one-handed ;-)! And sourcing is one of them. You do not need lengthy boolean strings to pickle your brain and test your patience. There are at least 13 places in LinkedIn where you can source with one hand (and two eyes). Try areas like your home page, the pages of your ideal candidates – look for “people like” etc… and who has liked the content of your competitors / clients. These are warm gifts, not cold calls! damn! Get on the phone and source one-handed at the same time… it’s possible!
6. Right – I know you think know how to connect, but I have a hack for you to get you super-effective. When you send your ideal connection an invite, add some content which gets your contact hooked. If it’s from your website, rock n’ roll! Ask your marketer to set up something like Leadfeeder – this tells you who has been to your website. You should have a target list of people you want to convert. Send them your content, see if they bite. Add them to your call list if they do. Rinse and repeat if they don’t!
Try this TURBO in your HIIT, recruiters! I have worked with a few recruiters using Calendly… a really cute (free) bit of kit that shows your prospects areas of your diary that you want them to book for a call. Send them a link with some call date options. Let them know (think) that that they are in charge. Without lifting a finger, fill your diary with your target’s interview appointments! This is one of my favourite Recruiter Hacks.
“Hi Uzma, I’m sending you this link as I have a role that I know you’ll be great at and it has such a great benefits package and training and development opportunities. Feel free to book a call with me at a time to suit you.”
7. Spend 1 minute getting under the skin of your prospects. Use Crystal Knows to study the profiles of your prospects, and use the tips it gives you for how to convert them. It’s a scarily accurate profiler!
8. We all know that video is the biggest thing to hit the web, and its going to the biggest thing to help you convert. Try Loom to record a 30 second “hi” video that you can send to your prospects.
Get an ideal client’s job advert on your screen and talk to them about the candidates you have for them.
“Hi Luke, I see that you’re looking for a Project Manager. I work in your field and understand how crucial this role must be fore you. I have currently got 5 candidates that I know would be a great asset to your business.”
Get your prospect candidate on your screen and record
“Hi, Emily. I can see that you are a ###, and that you get a kick out of ###. I’d love to talk to you about ###…”
Sending someone a video about themselves, with your face in the bottom left, and you’re talking to them – they’ll be hooked!
9. Spend 1 minute checking your LinkedIn notifications (bell, top right!) Look for birthdays, promotions, who’s viewed your profile, who’s liked your content. All of the stuff you’ve done above will be reaping rewards. Grab these leads. Add this to your call list.
Recruiters! It’s not even 09:00 and you’re ready to rock!
Get on the Phone and Sell, Recruiters
We deliver these recruiter hacks as part of our Inbound Sales Training Workshops. Contact me if you want to not only get your recruiters on the phone, but also generating some genuine and convertible leads.
HIIT Us, Recruiters!
Our high intensity interval training - Recruitment HIIT - helps recruiters source, convert quicker, and develop healthy pipelines, and recruitment marketers attract, engage, and retain candidates, generate leads, and colleagues (3Cs).
Source, Advertise, Shortlist Like a Pro
Are you average? The average recruiter spends 13 hours a week sourcing candidates. That’s way too much time, especially when the best candidates are off the market within 10 days. Our Recruiter Fitness Circuit on Recruitment HIIT will show you how to source the best candidates quickly using an effective, structured recruitment process so you can attract, engage and place candidates before they are snatched up by your competition, and even your cllients!Candidate Sourcing: Start With Your CRMFirstGreat recruiters don’t spend time sourcing in the wrong places. You need to be using your CRM as the first point for sourcing. We call this CRMFirst. 72% of candidates are already on your CRM before you source them elsewhere. We encounter too many recruiters who advertise jobs when they have candidates right under their noses – what a waste of time and potential fees, and waste of cash on systems and job boards you don't need!Are you wasting time sourcing candidates that perhaps are already on your CRM? Do you need to generate more phone time?Are you spending time advertising jobs you already have candidates for?Our Recruiter Fitness Circuit HIIT will show you how to: Dramatically reduce your sourcing time, Strengthen your pipeline and Increase your fees. Below is a sneak peek from Recruitment HIIT to show you how you can drive a speedy, effective sourcing strategy.Our Step-by-Step Sourcing Tips for New and Experienced RecruitersDuring our sourcing training we train recruiters and resourcers to:Be prepped to source speedily.Source from your CRM first.Use sourcing tech to attack your own data, and data you do not have (yet).Then search the web for candidates you genuinely do not already have.And all the while focussing on sourcing before advertising, improving speed, and protecting your candidate and client relationships.Improving Your Recruitment ProcessRecruitment requires speed, skill, and process. When managed correctly, recruitment is a fun, rewarding process. Yet, numerous systems, crazy volumes of data, and candidates and clients with their own agendas and goals can make the recruitment process a challenge.Our new Recruiter Fitness Circuit on Recruitment HIIT has tips and guides to ensure you drive the 4Cs - candidiates, clients, colleagues, and cash! Our recruiting tips will make sure you save time and follow best practice throughout your recruitment process from the point you receive a job order to securing your placement, and beyond.Our high intensity interval training - Recruitment HIIT - helps recruiters and resourcers source, convert quicker and develop healthy pipelines. We aim to save every recruiter and resourcer at least 1 hour per day (6 working weeks a year). More billing time, more fees!We’d love you to try Recruitment HIIT for free for 7 days.TRY RECRUITMENT HIIT 7 DAYS FOR FREEDOWNLOAD YOUR RECRUITMENT TRAINING PLAYBOOKBOOK A CALL TO DISCUSS RECRUITMENT TRAINING
Recruiter Training - The Secret to Growing Your Recruitment Business
Recruitment leaders! I hear you when you ask... How can I help my recruiters be more productive? Why do they need so much tech and data? Why can't they just get on the phone?I have lots of conversations with recruitment leaders and their training teams – they want more productive recruiters, and less need to hire new staff – finding new recruiters is hard... But, 2/3 of recruiters who quit in the last 5 years said "you didn't train me to succeed", and meanwhile it costs on average £$€14k to replace just one recruiter! There’s no sense to these stats...So, we need to come up with a plan to get more out of your existing staff AND reduce the need to hire. 5 Stats to Prove Why You Need to Rethink Recruitment Training Your recruiters are likely time starved, drowning in dirty data and expensive systems they don't use. 72% of the candidates you placed last year were already on your system before you sourced them elsewhere. More shocking stats!In this current economic climate and competitive recruitment market you can't afford to suffer these stats - it's too risky. Here’s why you need recruitment training:94% of your team will stay longer if you train them.Continuous training can increase sales by 50%.A frequently trained recruiter contributes to 21% more profit.Continuous training boosts productivity by 30-40%.Effective use of recruitment systems can improve sales by 29%.Help Your Recruiters to Bill MoreTake a look at our infographic below. What do you need to improve to ensure your team achieves best practice, driving sales and ROI?How to Make Your Recruiter Your Coolest ToolOur high intensity interval training - Recruitment HIIT - helps recruiters and resourcers source, convert quicker and develop healthy pipelines, and helps marketers generate more of the 3Cs. We aim to save every recruiter and marketer at least 1 hour per day (6 working weeks a year)- more billing time, more fees!We’d love you to try Recruitment HIIT for free for 7 days.TRY RECRUITMENT HIIT 7 DAYS FOR FREEDOWNLOAD YOUR RECRUITMENT TRAINING PLAYBOOKBOOK A CALL TO DISCUSS RECRUITMENT TRAINING
Your Recruitment Training Playbook